Sunday, April 15, 2012

N is for Nuisance

N is for Nuisance

For the A-Z Blogging Challenge, I decided to blog about favorite things. But no, Nuisances are NOT one of my favorite things. But it was the first thing that came to mind.

I don't know what is up with my notebook or mouse. I can't figure which it is. I guess if I was really smart, I'd switch out the mouse and see if I get the same trouble, eh? (DOH! -- I just thought of that.) When I highlight a phrase or word or sentence, to copy or delete or move it, the highlight will disappear or drop words or include more than I want, or it will try to move the highlighted section before I'm even done highlighting it. Sometimes, I'll be typing along and look up, and my cursor has moved up a line, without me doing a thing or touching the mouse or the touchpad. The other day, as we were driving over here to the coast, on a bumpy section of road, the cursor was moving all over the screen when we hit a bump. This leads me to think it's more the touchpad and not the mouse. But when I'm highlighting text, the touchpad will work better than the mouse, so it's confusing me. It's getting worse and I'm getting irritated. If anyone has a clue why a notebook would behave this way, let me know. Could the touchpad/mouse be interacting in a very bad manner with each other or something? I'm betting it's something that will never be solved, as it's one of those things you can't really reproduce when you try.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with figuring it out. I'm not a techie person. When I run into any problems, I have to ask my husband or son, hoping they have the answer.

    Have a nice day!

    Susanne
    PUTTING WORDS DOWN ON PAPER

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally speaking, situations like this invariable happen to me in direct proportion the the urgency of the action - making them an even bigger nuisance! Hope it gets sorted :-/


    SueH I refuse to go quietly!
    Twitter - @Librarymaid

    ReplyDelete