Friday, April 13, 2012

L is for Love and Laughter

L is for Love and Laughter

While I don't consider myself a marriage expert, I have been married for 34 years with no major problems. Even though I complain (just ask my walking partner) about the hubby, I'm really very happy. And to what do I attribute our success? Well, respect and tolerance, which are R and T words, and really have no prominence in today's post, but mainly Love and Laughter. Of course the love part is elementary, my dear Watson. If you don't love your partner, you're doomed from the start. Laughter is the important part, IMO. I'd say one of the biggest qualities that made me pick my to-be was his ability to make me laugh--and apparently, vice versa. And it's still going on today, 34 years later. Just this morning, on our walk, he said something teasing and silly and we had a good belly-deep laugh together. I mean, really, if you can't find joy and laughter in the little everyday things, and even the big, deep problems, then it's just not worth it. A little laughter makes everything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment