Monday, April 9, 2012

H is for HBO

So I broke down and signed up for HBO on Friday. I really don't care much for it, all they do is show the same old movies over and over and over again. But I *really* wanted to see Game of Thrones, and they're not cooperating by releasing the DVD set--Season 1 has just now come out now that Season 2 is starting. See, what happened was, we have a different tv provider over at the coast, and in December, they ran a special where they let me have HBO free for one month. So of course, I took it, especially since we were going to be there for 9 days straight after Christmas. And they just happened to be showing Season 1 of GoT during that week. Before I saw it, I was ok with not watching it, I figured I'd watch it on DVD eventually, but once I saw it, I was hooked. It really is good. I don't know if I'd like it so much if I hadn't read the books, though. The cast is so huge and the story so complicated and involved. But I love watching it. I'm re-reading the series, almost done with Book 3, and I realized the other night that when I read now, I picture the actors from the series when I'm reading about the characters. I especially love Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. He makes him come across much more loveable than he is in the books. I love his wry sense of humor and his sarcasm. But anyway, after seeing Season 1 and getting hooked on it, I didn't think if I could stand waiting a year to see Season 2, so I bit the bullet. It wasn't so bad, they were running a special where I could add HBO for $5 a month for 6 months, and then $10 a month for a year, and there's no early cancellation penalty. So, yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment