Monday, May 7, 2012

Reflections Post Day, Blogging A-Z Challenge

May 7 is a Reflections Post Day in the Blogging from A-Z Challenge. So what did I discover and learn from blogging 30 days in a row? I re-learned that I'm one of those people who need discipline (i.e. a schedule) in my life or I degenerate into an unmotivated lackluster couch potato that does nothing but play games all day. So in that regard, blogging everyday got me on a schedule and motivated me. It game me a huge feeling of accomplishment. Why? Nothing more complicated than I set a goal for myself and I followed through on it. That, my friends, leaves one with a HUGE sense of self-accomplishment. I didn't even realize the cumulative effect of this challenge until this morning. Yesterday, I made myself a list in the morning. This isn't something new, I often make myself lists, but only when there are a ton of things I need to get accomplished. The difference this time? I wrote writing-related items on this list. I usually keep my daily life and my writing life separate. Merging them into one was a big step for me. It announces (if only to myself) I AM a writer. This may seem like a DUH! type of statement, but it's something internal I didn't even realize I was doing (keeping myself separate). I did almost everything on this list--the two things I didn't accomplish went on today's list (so yes, I still have the stove to clean and one phone call to make). I revised a story. I subbed a story. And then I went on to write, even though it was growing rather late by then and I had nothing to write, I remembered I had a friend's monthly challenge beginning sentence, so I wrote 127 words there. Nothing major, but I accomplished something. This morning I was looking over the end of the A-Z Challenge, and thinking of my reflections post and I realized that yesterday's accomplishment was mainly due to the challenge. I was feeling accomplished and full of goals. That, my friends, is what I call a successful challenge of blogging daily.

1 comment:

  1. Hello.
    Visiting from the Post A-Z Road Trip.

    Congratulations on completing the challenge! It's amazing what we can achieve if we are disciplined. You certainly have accomplished a great deal and you should be very proud of yourself. Keep on this track and the world will be your oyster (smile). Thanks for sharing.

    If you're still up for a challenge, why don't you join me for the debut of the Lovers' Cove Challenge on May 26th. All you need do is write one line of 15 words or less, BUT your line has to continue on from where the previous person left off...that's the challenge! Sounds easy, but is it? Sign up at Facebook. Linkup at Lovers' Cove. Hope you can join the fun!

    Thoughts Of Beauty In The Stillness Of Dawn...

    ReplyDelete